Some of our current (and past) consulting clients include:
We are very excited to be helping the Forever 21 eCommerce team build out their analytics data warehouse.
Wag Walking, Inc.
We worked with the Wag data services team on designing a logical data model for their data warehouse, using Kimball-style design principles. As a Snowflake partner, we provided guidance on standing up their Snowflake cloud data warehouse instance and on how to best implement a modern data warehouse stack.
Hush, Inc (shophush.com)
We worked with the Hush data team on designing a logical data model for their data warehouse, using Kimball-style design principles. While migrating the team to the Snowflake cloud data warehouse platform we also helped implement the physical model, using our favorite data transformation tool, dbt.
The Black Tux
(2016 - 2018)
After leading the Data & Analytics team for 2 years and building out its core analytics capabilities, we’ll now be focused on taking TBT to the next stage of a data-driven organization.
Some of our favorite projects:
- Machine-learned Fit Algorithm (Python, xgboost) (see https://theblacktux.com/blog/2017/11/machine-learning-jacket-size)
- Reservation Forecasting Bayesian Model (in PyMC3)
- Inventory Forecasting Monte-Carlo Simulation
- Probabilistic Demand Planning Model
- Marketing attribution modeling
- Interactive dashboards in Tableau/Periscope/Mode
- ETL pipelines in Airflow/Python and dbt
- Data Warehouse v1 in Redshift
- Data Warehouse Migration to Snowflake
As part of the Content Programming team, our work focused primarily on partnering with the Original Content team on building analytical tools to help drive programming and content acquisition decisions for Netflix Originals. This included:
- Business & Data Analytics using Teradata, Hive/Pig/Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, Presto
- Business Intelligence/Data Visualization with Tableau, MicroStrategy, matlplotlib, seaborn
- Data Engineering for petabyte data warehouses with hive/pig and Python Jupyter/IPython Notebook
- Custom data and reporting products using Python/pandas
California Pizza Kitchen
As a MicroStrategy partner, we were engaged at CPK to help with:
- Full life-cycle data warehouse development, including data model, ETL procedures, BI schema and reporting layer
- Automated Flash P&L from operational (POS) data
- Financial and inventory reporting built on near-realtime data feeds from ERP/GL systems
- Daily operational dashboards and pixel-perfect reports
Universal Studios Hollywood
As MicroStrategy consultants, we worked with Universal Studios Hollywood on:
- Business Requirements, ETL and Automated Reporting for Theme Park Operations Data Warehouse, using MicroStrategy and SQL Server 2005/SSIS ETL
- Streamlining internal financial management, budgeting & forecasting processes